Use of this website
The Agricultural Equipment and Technology Fund (FETF) provides support to businesses so that they can invest in equipment and technologies to improve sustainable agricultural, horticultural and forestry productivity.
The program uses an online application portal. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this portal to apply for the program online. For example, this means that you should be able to:
- change contrast levels and fonts
- text spacing can be reasonably adjusted to 1.5 times the line height
- zoom in up to 200% without text spilling out of the screen
- navigate most of the website using a simple keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA, and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as easy as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has tips to make your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website
We know that some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- while the website is designed to run on tablets, the website is unresponsive on screens of smaller mobile devices
- screen readers and other assistive technologies may not correctly and consistently identify forms, headers, links, tables, logos, and error messages
- some assistive technologies may not correctly identify parts of the site that contain dynamically generated content
- a user’s progress on the site is not recorded at the end of each section.
What to do if you cannot access certain parts of this portal
If you need help filling out the portal
We will study your request and get back to you within 10 days.
Report accessibility issues with this website
We are always working to improve the accessibility of this website. If you experience any issues that are not listed on this page or believe that we do not meet accessibility requirements, contact:
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing accessibility rules. If you are not satisfied with the way we are responding to your complaint, please contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
We currently do not have a text relay service for people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired. You can contact us by:
Currently, due to COVID-19, we do not have the facilities for you to visit us in person.
Technical information on the accessibility of this site
The Rural Payments Agency is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Regulation on accessibility of public sector bodies (websites and mobile applications) (No. 2) 2018.
This service is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-conformities listed.
How we tested this website
The service has been tested and verified for compliance with WCAG 2.1 AA.
It has been tested by the Defra Digital, Data & Technology Services team, and non-compliant items will be included in ongoing development work.
This statement was prepared on October 7, 2021.